Graham Holdings Company (NYSE:GHC) is a diversified education and media company whose principal operations include educational services, television
broadcasting, cable television systems, and online, print and local TV news.
The Company owns:
- Kaplan, a leading global provider of educational services to individuals, schools and businesses, serving over one million students annually with operations
in more than 30 countries. Its programs include higher education, test preparation, language instruction and professional training.
- Graham Media Group: WDIV–Detroit (NBC), KPRC–Houston (NBC), WKMG–Orlando (CBS), KSAT–San Antonio (ABC) and WJXT–Jacksonville (independent).
The stations also broadcast digital channels focusing on classic television and lifestyle programming, in addition to operating market-leading websites,
mobile sites and mobile apps delivering breaking news, weather and community news.
- Cable ONE, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, serving small-city subscribers in 19 midwestern, western and southern states. The 10th-largest operator of
cable systems, Cable ONE provides digital video, Internet and phone service to homes and businesses.
The Slate Group: Slate, a daily online magazine that offers fresh angles on stories in the news and
innovative entertainment coverage, all with its signature wit and irreverence, publishing provocative commentary on topics such as politics, culture,
business and technology; Slate V, a daily online video magazine offering original video about
politics, culture, business, technology and more; theRoot, a daily online magazine that targets the post-civil rights
generation with original, provocative commentary and analysis on politics, social issues and culture, dedicated to increasing the breadth and depth of
black voices; and Foreign Policy, online and in print, taking on the world of global politics,
economics and ideas as its mission and drawing on leading journalists, thinkers and foreign policy practitioners for its trademark analysis and insight.
- Trove, a digital team focused on innovation and experimentation with emerging technologies.
- SocialCode, a leading social marketing solutions partner dedicated to driving cross-platform ROI. Fueled by proprietary technology, SocialCode grows qualified
communities, engages those audiences and activates them as customers and brand evangelists for the top national advertisers.
- Celtic Healthcare, a provider of home healthcare and hospice services.
- Forney Corporation, a global supplier of products and systems that control and monitor combustion processes in electric utility and industrial applications.